It is through travel and the discovery of other cultures that Anne-Sophie, originally from France, feeds her creative energy.
Since graduating in Switzerland in 2018, the artist has spent the last few years “deepening” her training and “defining” her artistic identity in a free and nomadic way. Indeed, she had the opportunity to work for various artists, visit workshops, but also make her own pieces in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and in the United States. She is currently in Mexico, where she continues to work on her art projects.
Passionate about ceramic decoration techniques, Anne-Sophie Guerinaud carries out complex and meticulous modeling and painting over glaze. Her world revolves around organic forms and emphasizes the strength of the elements present in nature.
Also, drawing has always been part of the artist’s creative process and has today become her second field of expression. Anne-Sophie works through these two mediums independently but wishes, in the future, to explore possible combinations. Her work carried out during her residency at the Bruckner Foundation in Carouge-Geneva in 2020 (Bursary 2019) shows a preview.
Born in 1994, France
- 2018 Federal Certificate of Proficiency, Ceramist,
Centre d’enseignement professionnel de Vevey – Switzerland
- 2013 Advanced Technician’s Certificate, Art and Industrial Ceramic Designer, Ecole nationale supérieure des arts appliqués, Paris – France (First year)
- 2012 High School Certificate, Science and Technology of Design and Applied Arts, Lycée Charles A. Coulomb, Angoulême – France
Residencies & Internships
- 2020 Gota de Tierra, Artist in residence, Puerto Escondido – Mexico
- 2020 Bruckner Foundation – Ceramics Center, Artist in residence, Carouge – Switzerland
- 2019-20 CityArts, Gallery and ceramic assistant, Wichita – United-States
- 2019 Juz Kitson’s studio, Ceramic assistant, Milton – Australia
- 2018 Alice Couttoupes’ studio, Intern ceramist, Sydney – Australia
- 2018 JamFactory, Intern ceramist, Adélaïde – Australia
- 2017 Faïencerie Georges, Intern ceramist, Nevers – France
- 2016 L-Imprimerie, Ceramist, Lausanne – Switzerland
- 2014 Sylvie Godel, Ceramic assistant for the artist’s exhibition, Kyoto – Japan
- 2013 Elisabetta Bergonzo and Sylvie Godel’s studio, Intern ceramist, Lausanne – Switzerland
- 2020 Séries Rares 10 ans déjà!, Séries rares gallery, Carouge – Switzerland
- 2020 Love in the time of COVID-19, GAG Projects, Adélaïde – Australia
- 2018 Platform, Biennale internationale de la céramique, St-Cergue – Switzerland
- 2018 Dynasty, Centre d’enseignement professionnel de Vevey – Switzerland
- 2014 Biennale de la céramique, Chantemerle-lès-Grignan – France
Awards & Grants
- 2019 Bruckner Foundation bursary, Carouge – Switzerland
- 2018 Swissceramics recognition award, Bern – Switzerland
- 2018 Prize for the best overall grades – CFC Ceramist, CEPV, Vevey – Switzerland
- 2018 Prize for the most deserving apprentice, SIC Vevey et environs Foundation, Vevey – Switzerland