Through illustrations or ceramics, Anne-Sophie’s work evolves in a world that revolves around complex organic shapes. Situated between realism and imagination, the artworks also capture us with their finesse, which translates into a long and meticulous execution one could almost qualify as meditative.
With porcelain, the artist explores matter bordering on the macroscopic. The accumulation of mainly modeled, but also molded elements, expresses a certain interest in decorating. It highlights the teeming underwater life and presents, in a delicate and poetic way, her fascination for the marine world.
Passionate about the different techniques of painted decor on ceramics, drawing became naturally an important part of her artistic process. Through this practice, the artist wants to create a conversation between the two mediums.
From France, Anne-Sophie studied applied arts and decided to specialize in ceramics by enrolling in the School of Applied Arts Olivier de Serres in Paris. It is at the School of Applied Arts of Vevey in Switzerland where she completed her training and obtained her ceramics diploma in 2018.
Wanting to learn more from artists-artisans around the world, she spent the last few years having different professional experiences while visiting ceramic artists in Australia, New-Zealand, Japan, United States and recently in Mexico.
Winner of the Bruckner Fondation bursaries 2019, Anne-Sophie did a 3 month residency in Carouge (Switzerland) in 2020. She is currently in the United States, where she continues to work on her art projects.
Born in 1994, France
- 2018 Federal Certificate of Proficiency, Ceramist,
Centre d’enseignement professionnel de Vevey – Switzerland
- 2013 Advanced Technician’s Certificate, Art and Industrial Ceramic Designer, Ecole nationale supérieure des arts appliqués, Paris – France (First year)
- 2012 High School Certificate, Science and Technology of Design and Applied Arts, Lycée Charles A. Coulomb, Angoulême – France
Residencies & Internships
- 2020 Gota de Tierra, Artist in residence, Puerto Escondido – Mexico
- 2020 Bruckner Foundation – Ceramics Center, Artist in residence, Carouge – Switzerland
- 2019-20 CityArts, Gallery and ceramic assistant, Wichita – United-States
- 2019 Juz Kitson’s studio, Ceramic assistant, Milton – Australia
- 2018 Alice Couttoupes’ studio, Intern ceramist, Sydney – Australia
- 2018 JamFactory, Intern ceramist, Adélaïde – Australia
- 2017 Faïencerie Georges, Intern ceramist, Nevers – France
- 2016 L-Imprimerie, Ceramist, Lausanne – Switzerland
- 2014 Sylvie Godel, Ceramic assistant for the artist’s exhibition, Kyoto – Japan
- 2013 Elisabetta Bergonzo and Sylvie Godel’s studio, Intern ceramist, Lausanne – Switzerland
- 2020 Séries Rares 10 ans déjà!, Séries rares gallery, Carouge – Switzerland
- 2020 Love in the time of COVID-19, GAG Projects, Adélaïde – Australia
- 2018 Platform, Biennale internationale de la céramique, St-Cergue – Switzerland
- 2018 Dynasty, Centre d’enseignement professionnel de Vevey – Switzerland
- 2014 Biennale de la céramique, Chantemerle-lès-Grignan – France
Awards & Grants
- 2019 Bruckner Foundation bursary, Carouge – Switzerland
- 2018 Swissceramics recognition award, Bern – Switzerland
- 2018 Prize for the best overall grades – CFC Ceramist, CEPV, Vevey – Switzerland
- 2018 Prize for the most deserving apprentice, SIC Vevey et environs Foundation, Vevey – Switzerland